Wga installation dialog box is appearing at the windows xp login screen RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Please note that night while i was working on the pc i have downloaded some updates from the microsoft website. Along with them WGA is also downloaded. The situation is although I have downloaded the WGA but I don't want to install it on my system.  It keeps on poping up at every login onto my system  How to get rid of it. ?

Sunday, August 29, 2010 8:05 AM

Answers

• Hello coolyogi,

Run the update as if you were going to install it, but when it gets to the End User Licensing Agreement/Software Licensing Terms dialog box, decline the Agreement/Terms.  The update will not be installed and you will not be asked about it again until Windows Update happens to download a new version sometime in the future.

Buy Office 2007 Now, Get Office 2010 Free http://office2010.microsoft.com/en-us/tech-guarantee/microsoft-office-2010-technology-guarantee-FX101825695.aspx?CTT=97
    Monday, August 30, 2010 12:49 PM

All replies

• "coolyogi" wrote in message news:e583244b-b8cb-4af3-9969-fe5cfa9bd437...

Hi,

Please note that night while i was working on the pc i have downloaded some updates from the microsoft website. Along with them WGA is also downloaded. The situation is although I have downloaded the WGA but I don't want to install it on my system.  It keeps on poping up at every login onto my system  How to get rid of it. ?

If you mean that it's present in Automatic Updates, but not currently installed, then you can use the options there to disallow install (at least until tit's updated again).
    If you mean that you are getting warnings that your system may be counterfeit, then you need to deal with the problem, not the warnings.
    If you mean something else, please explain.

--

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Sunday, August 29, 2010 6:27 PM
  • Hello coolyogi,

Run the update as if you were going to install it, but when it gets to the End User Licensing Agreement/Software Licensing Terms dialog box, decline the Agreement/Terms.  The update will not be installed and you will not be asked about it again until Windows Update happens to download a new version sometime in the future.

Buy Office 2007 Now, Get Office 2010 Free http://office2010.microsoft.com/en-us/tech-guarantee/microsoft-office-2010-technology-guarantee-FX101825695.aspx?CTT=97
    Monday, August 30, 2010 12:49 PM