data transfer from ms access or sql server to sql server RRS feed

• Question

• Hello friends,

I want to know how you can export data from a disconnected database that could be access or ms sql to an sql server database.

Here is the scenarion:

I have several software in a remote sites on either sql or ms access databases as backends...and I have another sql server database taht i want to consolidate data from the remote sites.

One solution I have been thinking about is to use email to send incremental backups of the databases to the main database using a separate piece of software and have another one on the main server to pull that data into teh database.

Basically am looking at using the remote databases as linked server on teh main database.

Is that a good implementation? If yes

How do i get to send the incremental backups and get them imported?(the code)

Tools:

Visual basic 2008 standard edition..Net 3.5

SQL Server 2005.

32 bit architecture.

Thank you in advance.

• Moved by Edwer Fang Friday, July 9, 2010 2:55 AM (From:Visual Studio Database Development Tools (Formerly "Database Edition Forum"))
    Friday, July 2, 2010 10:50 AM

Answers

• Hello,

You may post your issue on SQL Server Forums or Visual Basic.Net Forum so you can get better and quicker response as there are more experts on this kind of issue.

Thanks for your understanding.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Send us any feedback you have about the help from MSFT at fbmsdn@microsoft.com.
    • Marked as answer by Edwer Fang Friday, July 9, 2010 2:55 AM
    Monday, July 5, 2010 9:38 AM