Email router not sending emails from an environment RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I have recently migrated a customer's databases from CRM 2011 to CRM 2013 and am having a bit of trouble with the email router. On CRM 2011, both environments could send email via the router - I've now migrated them over and had to change a couple of settings but only one of the environments can now send mail.

Both environments are on the same servers and using exactly the same profiles as each other. One of them sends mails without a problem but the other environment just sits there with the email as Pending Send - it doesn't fail but just sits there with the message "This message has not yet been submitted for delivery. For more information, see help." in the email.

Any help would be appreciated.

Friday, November 7, 2014 10:13 AM

Answers

• Hi Saad,

That article really helped - it was a combination of two of those points. Updating a user's settings (I'd never sent direct email from this account and it was set to Outlook) and a restart of the service (I'd done this many times but after changing the user's settings, it proved crucial).

Thanks.

• Marked as answer by Jon_Evans Friday, November 7, 2014 11:01 AM
    Friday, November 7, 2014 11:01 AM

All replies

• Refer this article.

Regards, Saad

Friday, November 7, 2014 10:20 AM
  • Jon,

do you mean two different crm installations or organizations - environments?

gruss Daniel Ovadia MBSS - Microsoft Dynamics CRM MCNPS

Friday, November 7, 2014 10:24 AM
  • Sorry. Yes, 2 different organizations on the same server.
    Friday, November 7, 2014 10:26 AM
  • Hi Saad,

That article really helped - it was a combination of two of those points. Updating a user's settings (I'd never sent direct email from this account and it was set to Outlook) and a restart of the service (I'd done this many times but after changing the user's settings, it proved crucial).

Thanks.

• Marked as answer by Jon_Evans Friday, November 7, 2014 11:01 AM
    Friday, November 7, 2014 11:01 AM
  • in emailrouter configuration, what does event viewer have inside when you are in the settingspane of the organiaztion that have problems and you check for one user if have access?

gruss Daniel Ovadia MBSS - Microsoft Dynamics CRM MCNPS

Friday, November 7, 2014 11:02 AM
  • Hi Daniel,

It looks like you responded just as I marked the answer. There wasn't anything in the Event Viewer, I even turned tracing on and nothing showed up. However, because of the settings in CRM, I would guess that the email wasn't even being sent to the email router so, looking back, I would've expected this.

Thanks,

Friday, November 7, 2014 2:08 PM