Advance setting->Program Tab setting issue RRS feed

• Question

• In my advance setting->Program Tab some of the iterative program release installs are showing up multiple time even after removal of all the previous allowed iterative version programs.

Why is the firewall picking up all the older version of the program from its database and allowing it as pass through. They are not even valid links to be allowed.

Request to know how to resolve this issue.

Monday, July 7, 2008 8:52 PM

Answers

• I don't know why the previously removed entries are still showing up, but you might want to try resetting the OneCare database to get rid of all entries contained within - 

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=4bc2594b-95ab-4235-b5b8-41656b38480f&DisplayLang=en

You really should not be concerned with entries that are on the list if the program versions no longer exist on the PC. The list of allowed/blocked programs - the firewall rules maintained by OneCare of recognized programs - is considerably longer than the list you see on that tab, which only represents programs that you were prompted about.

-steve

Tuesday, July 8, 2008 3:28 PM

All replies

• I don't know why the previously removed entries are still showing up, but you might want to try resetting the OneCare database to get rid of all entries contained within - 

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=4bc2594b-95ab-4235-b5b8-41656b38480f&DisplayLang=en

You really should not be concerned with entries that are on the list if the program versions no longer exist on the PC. The list of allowed/blocked programs - the firewall rules maintained by OneCare of recognized programs - is considerably longer than the list you see on that tab, which only represents programs that you were prompted about.

-steve

Tuesday, July 8, 2008 3:28 PM
  • Thanks steve. Well the issue did not repeat itself till now.

Is this the latest onecare versions

virus and spyware defination : 1.37.465.0
    Firewall policy : 1.2.32.119

on windows XP SP3.

Please confirm.

Tuesday, July 8, 2008 7:23 PM
  • Those look correct to me. My virus definitions on this PC are actually older...

You said, "until now." Did the database reset work?

-steve

Wednesday, July 9, 2008 3:35 PM