On demand processes in sandbox mode- total failiure to initiate RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all,

I'm relatively new to CRM (~2 months playing about with it from a standing start) and within our live domain I have managed to instigate a few processes to automate various business tasks.

My company recently increased in size to tip us over the 25 user ID limit and so we took possession of a sandbox domain for testing.

Having spent a day or so modding the sandbox to reflect the way our live domain is set up I built a simple workflow with a single check step condition:

The workflow is focused on the lead entity and is designed to be initiated on demand by a salesperson once a client's needs are known and entered into custom fields on the lead entity. A single check step ensures that the fields holding the necessary information the support tem will need to set up a trial account of our service contain data, and then an email should be sent pulling the dynamic values from those fields for that lead, giving support everything they need to know without resorting to outlook.

The problem- the process never initiates. Even with the check step reduced to a single criterion (which isn't ideal, there should really be half a dozen to cover all the relevant fields) the process never starts, nothing appears in the system jobs even as failed or needs attention, nothing.

The same occurs when setting the process to trigger when specific fields are changed- having dismantled my previous attempt I started again with a  process set to trigger when a certain field (a yes/no named "Send trial request?") was updated, with a  check step to see if the field was set to "yes", if so send the email. I set it up, built a new lead and set the fields appropriately- again no process initiated.

Any advice on how to force start this process would be greatly appreciated, I'm afraid I have no error logs since nothing initiated to produce them.

Thanks,

James

Friday, September 2, 2016 2:36 PM

All replies

• Might your sandbox instance be in Administration mode, https://technet.microsoft.com/en-gb/library/dn659833.aspx#BKMK_AdminMode?

This can disable asynchronous operations such as workflows.

Tuesday, September 6, 2016 1:59 PM
  • Thanks for the reply Feridun,

The instance isn't set to Admin mode and background (asynchronous) operations are enabled for the sandbox.

Still trying to get it running, resorted to very tentatively building the workflow in our live system in the interim but it isn't ideal :S

Tuesday, September 6, 2016 2:16 PM
  • OK, thanks for confirming. Would you be happy to post a screen shot of the workflow?

Some other questions:

1) Does the workflow show up in a lead record when a user clicks Run Workflow?

2) What happens, if anything, when the user selects the workflow?

3) Is Automatically delete completed workflow jobs selected on the workflow? If so, unselect it (you'll need to deactivate and then activate the workflow). Then try getting someone to run the workflow. There should be an entry in Process Sessions against the workflow. If not, this suggests a problem that might require a support call with Microsoft (you can create a case in your Office 365 tenant).

Tuesday, September 6, 2016 3:36 PM
  • Hi Feridun, 

Thanks for your follow up questions;

1) it does indeed

2)i get the pop-up message informing me that the workflow will be applied to 1 lead, a short glimpse of a loading bar when i click ok, and then it returns me to the lead screen. 

3) No, the completed jobs should be kept as this setting is unchecked- i've also selected to keep error logs but ntohing there either, so I assumed it had initiated but not completed- I have located the "pending sent" emails now, but am not sure how to confirm the reason they are still pending- the mailbox and routing has been checked over by our IT dept. 

I'm afraid i can't post a screenshot at this time as my account has yet to be verified- the workflow is structured very simply-

an on demand process, set to check that a yes/no field marked "request trial from support" is set to "yes", if so then an email is generated and populated with half a dozen fields that cover the start and expiry dates of the trial, the copany name, the emails to be used as user id's and whether any of the 3 add-on modules has been requested.

Wednesday, September 7, 2016 1:19 PM