a confiussion RRS feed

• General discussion

• i got a mail sayn that, microsoft paying $245  for evry mail i send to my friends. so please i kindly request you to  let me know the truth. please . am waiting to see ur reply. this is what the message contain.
    Dear Friends,  

Please do not take this for a junk letter. Bill Gates is sharing his fortune. If you ignore this you will repent later. Microsoft and AOL are now the largest Internet companies and in an effort to make sure that Internet Explorer remains the most widely used program, Microsoft and AOL are running an e-mail beta test..

When you forward this e-mail to friends, Microsoft can and will track it (if you are a Microsoft Windows user) for a two week time period.

For every person that you forward this e-mail to, Microsoft will pay you $245.00, for every person that you sent it to that forwards it on, Microsoft will pay you $243.00 and for every third person that receives it, you will be paid $241.00. Within two week! s, Microsoft will contact you for your address and then send you a cheque.

• Moved by JimR1Moderator Tuesday, May 26, 2009 3:48 AM Off Topic. (From:Windows Live OneCare Anti-Spyware)
    • Edited by JimR1Moderator Tuesday, May 26, 2009 3:59 AM Removed unnecessary content.
    Monday, May 25, 2009 3:22 AM

All replies

• Re: Bill Gates Is Sharing His Fortune

This is to inform you that you have forwarded a well-known email hoax. Contrary to what the message claims, Bill Gates is NOT sharing his fortune with people who spam their friends with bogus messages. Also, Microsoft is NOT beta testing a program for tracking chain emails, nor will you receive $245 every time you forward this hoax.

For more information, see
    http://urbanlegends.about.com/library/blmsaol.htm

In most cases it only takes a few minutes of research to verify the claims in forwarded emails such as this one. Please have the consideration to do so in the future.

Thanks for your kind attention.

Regards, Dave
    Tuesday, May 26, 2009 1:50 AM