WWT Suggestions RRS feed

• General discussion

• Just some comments on features I'd like to see in WWT:

1. Is there any chance of improved "Render to Video" features appearing in WWT. Ideally I would very much like to see the ability to drop an entire tour (including sound) in HD direct to wmv/mpg/etc.
    2. The ability to fade music in/out would be very useful and would hugely ease the whole process of tour creation.
    3. Some improved method of time-lining slides would be nice for tours when time is important. Possibly the ability to modify all slide start/end times on one page, or a flag to state that a slide's display time starts at the time the previous slide finishes.

Comments please...

Wednesday, December 21, 2011 5:40 PM

All replies

• Hi Pete;

At this time we don't have a video generator tool planned. Have you looked at Layerscape yet? (http://communities.worldwidetelescope.org is the current URL) There you will find some of our Tours have video versions that you can click on to view. We do have the ability to generate these on a limited basis based on our desire to communicate the value of Layerscape without needing folks to install the WWT Client. You can contact me if you'd like to know more about this path to video. Likewise with music fading and other advanced editing like global slide changes: Our current efforts preclude making those improvements at this time. We hope to be able to address suggestions like yours in the (not too distant) future.

Thanks

Rob

Wednesday, January 4, 2012 7:30 PM