Intel ICH8M Family PCI Express Root Port 4 gets a warning and disables my wlan when upgraded to 4gb ram RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all.

I recently upgraded my laptop from 2gb to 4gb ram. On the system, it turns out fine (tells me I've got 3gb in 32bit Windows 7, 4gb in 64bit Windows 7)

However, the problem was critical. My wlan card, which is Intel PRO 3945ABG (on-board) gets disabled when I have 4gb ram. I went into device manager and found out that Intel ICH8M Family PCI Express Root port 4 was having a warning, saying that it does not have enough resource to allocate (code 12 error).

I went back to 2gb ram and it works just fine. However, it seems like my wlan has the memory location from A0000000-AFF000000 something like this, and the memory location for PCI Express Root Port 4 was A000000-AFFFF00000 something like that.

Hmmm, has anybody experienced this kind of problem when they upgraded their ram module?? my m/b is mobile intel gm965, using intel t7300.

It maybe a hardware question but thought it would be worth to ask here in this forum.

Thanks

• Moved by Kenneth Lee Wednesday, April 20, 2011 2:57 AM forum cleanup (From:MSDN, TechNet, and Expression Profile and Recognition System Discussions)
    Sunday, November 14, 2010 4:50 AM

Answers

All replies