Limit replication in forrest RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I've just set up and configured OCS in a rather large environment, with a forrest root and ten domains in different countries. The installation completed successfully and everything works fine. Only one of the domains (called test.com in this post) and the users in that domain are enabled for OCS.

When browsing the event log on the OCS-server I see lots of lots of entries of the following (between 15-20 per minute):

---------------------------------------------------------------
    Event Type:    Information
    Event Source:    OCS User Replicator
    Event Category:    (1009)
    Event ID:    30021
    Date:        07.02.2008
    Time:        12:45:12
    User:        N/A
    Computer:    OCS-SERVER
    Description:
    User Replicator connected to domain controller dc.test.com in domain test.com to perform synchronization

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Event Type:    Information
    Event Source:    OCS User Replicator
    Event Category:    (1009)
    Event ID:    30027
    Date:        07.02.2008
    Time:        12:45:12
    User:        N/A
    Computer:    OCS-SERVER
    Description:
    User Replicator has started initial synchronization of domain test.com (DN: DC=test,DC=com) and the database. Initial synchronization occurs when Office Communications Server is started for the first time, or a regenerate operation is initiated.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

These events are repeated for the other nine domains (or so).

So my question is if anyone knows a way of limiting or stopping these queries? As far as I can tell, there is really no need for syncronizing or replication with the other domains in the forrest? This only domain I'm interested in is test.com.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Cheers
    Martin

Thursday, February 7, 2008 10:47 AM

Answers

All replies