true or falce RRS feed

• Question

• REF: SWJ/968/09 BATCH: 61847L DEAR LUCKY WINNER, WINNING NOTIFICATION TAGGED YOUR TAGGED PROFILE ADDRESS HAVE WON LOTTERY FROM MICROSOFT PROMOTION AWARD TEAM/TAGGED,YOU HAVE TO GET BACK TO US WITH YOUR INFORMATIONS BELOW,PLEASE BE INFORMED BY THIS WINNING NOTIFICATION TO CONTACT YOUR FIDUCIARY AGENT MR.RAFAEL LUIS ACORIDO , WITH THE INFORMATION LISTED BELOW. MR.RAFAEL LUIS ACORIDO MICROSOFT PROMOTION AWARD TEAM/TAGGED HEAD WINNING CLAIMS DEPT. TEL: +85599320487 1. FULL NAMES:......... 2. HOME ADDRESS:....... 3. AGE:................ 4. ____:................ 5. MARITAL STATUS:..... 6. OCCUPATION:......... 7. PHONE NUMBERS:...... 8. COUNTRY... 9)YOUR EMAIL....... SINCERELY, MR. MARK JOHN HEAD CUSTOMER CARE SERVICE REF: SWJ/968/09 BATCH: 61847L DEAR LUCKY WINNER, WINNING NOTIFICATION CALL ME +85599320487
    Wednesday, November 4, 2009 5:17 PM

Answers

• Hello hussein,

Did you sign up for a Microsoft Lottery?

What was the email address the message was sent from?

Why would they ask you for your email address if they sent that message to your email address?

Do an internet search for that phone number (85599320487). I found this Lottery Scam site http://www.romancescam.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&p=115277  

Sounds to me like a scam. Possibly a way to find out if particular email addresses are valid, so they can target those Known Good addresses with massive amounts of spam.
     (spammer sell email addresses to each other.  Email Addresses that are known to have a person (reading the mail that is send to that addresss) are worth way more). 

Or maybe once you contact them, they will try to get you to send them money to get your "prize" or get you to tell them your Banking Information. 

The message did not come from Microsoft, so the answer to your question is: False

Thank you,
    Darin MS
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Wednesday, November 4, 2009 7:52 PM
    Wednesday, November 4, 2009 7:52 PM