Unwanted "You have XX unread e-mail messages." notification after ActiveSync RRS feed

• Question

• I have been to several Microsoft conferences and have asked/begged/inquired many times if there is a way to remove the "You have XX unread e-mail messages" notification that pops up after an activesync.  Within "Sounds & Notifications" there is an option to turn on/off the number of NEW email messages, but there is no such option for UNREAD emails. In our corporation, and I would think for many users, we always have unread email messages. I don't want Windows Mobile telling me that I have unread email.

The best solution would be to add another "Sounds & Notifications" option for UNREAD email. With this approach users could indicate whether they want to receive this notification or not.

The main problem with this notification showing up is that it makes it harder to see other less-frequent notifications such as a missed phone call, a new text message, etc.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Wednesday, January 28, 2009 6:14 PM

Answers

• I've shared your feedback with the team. Thank you for the suggestion.
    • Marked as answer by MaryAliceC Wednesday, May 6, 2009 6:49 PM
    Wednesday, May 6, 2009 6:48 PM

All replies

• Purdue, I moved your comment to the Suggestion Box area of the forums. 
    http://www.experiencemobility.net
    Saturday, January 31, 2009 2:29 PM
  • Thanks for the suggestion. I definitely understand - I always have a significant number of unread emails although some of my colleagues are faster at getting through their backlogs than I am. In working side-by-side, it's been interesting to see how personal styles of mailbox management differ. Some folks like the notification. For those of us that don't, we'll keep working on a more helpful answer. 
    Tuesday, February 3, 2009 10:45 PM
  • I've shared your feedback with the team. Thank you for the suggestion.
    • Marked as answer by MaryAliceC Wednesday, May 6, 2009 6:49 PM
    Wednesday, May 6, 2009 6:48 PM
  • Purdue,

What version of WM are you running, and how do you see this?  I maybe doing this differently then you, but I don't see this on my phone.  What I do see is the # of new messages on my Home Screen.  I'd be happy to ask for this change if you can tell me the following

1) what version of WM you are running
    2) repro steps

Of course, that doesn't mean you will get the feature - it just may be that more people like it as is, or that there are higher priorities.  Don't worry, I'm not trying to be a kill joy, but I just wanted you to know that its not a lock, and judging from your post, I'm preaching to the choir.

Thanks Purdue
    • Proposed as answer by 2GrokMobile Friday, May 29, 2009 6:31 PM
    Friday, May 29, 2009 6:30 PM