Split Post: Office 2000 Validation RRS feed

• Question

• After trying to download update for Office 2000's Word, etc., response said software was validated on another computer and not for XP. I have the Office Suite from a few years ago and do not want to update to 03,07 or anyother newer version.  I prefer Word 2000, Excel and all the other programs in this 5 CD package. Unfortunately, the CDs are filed away after a move and not readily available.

Any suggestions?

Tried dozens and dozens of FAQ, links and gosh know what else in more than an hour of browsing.

Thanks in adcance,

Watercarrier
    • Split by RickImAPC Tuesday, September 2, 2008 6:25 PM Split Post: Office 2000 Validation
    Sunday, August 31, 2008 10:46 PM

Answers

• Watercarrier,

In order to know how many times and where you can install your copy of Office, you are going to have to review the EULA in depth to see what is allowed.

The following link will provide you with Software Licensing for 2003 and 2007 versions of Office. However you will need to review the EULA which comes on the discs supplied with your copy of the program. When installing, you will need the original media and product key of your Office software.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/products/HA102103171033.aspx

I hope this information helps.

Rick, MS
    • Marked as answer by RickImAPC Tuesday, September 2, 2008 8:58 PM
    Tuesday, September 2, 2008 8:56 PM