Getting an error code during install RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to install a full version of WHS over the top of the evaluation copy. I keep getting this error code, Error Code 0x8007048f . Does anyone have any idea what I need to do. I don't see anything in the logs to help me and was wondering if anyone else has experienced. I will lose some data if I have to start over

Saturday, April 4, 2009 1:16 AM

Answers

• It goes all the way to finalization. In the end, I had to do a "New Installation". When I tried to boot it again from the DVD the reinstallation option was no longer available. I didn't realize that I could go for a different drive so I lost that option. Thanks for your help
    Saturday, April 4, 2009 3:41 PM

All replies

• I am trying to install a full version of WHS over the top of the evaluation copy. I keep getting this error code, Error Code 0x8007048f . Does anyone have any idea what I need to do. I don't see anything in the logs to help me and was wondering if anyone else has experienced. I will lose some data if I have to start over

How far does it get before you get that error code?  Have you tried a different DVD drive?  (You won't lose data if you have to start over as long as you have another drive to install WHS on.)
    Saturday, April 4, 2009 5:25 AM
  • It goes all the way to finalization. In the end, I had to do a "New Installation". When I tried to boot it again from the DVD the reinstallation option was no longer available. I didn't realize that I could go for a different drive so I lost that option. Thanks for your help
    Saturday, April 4, 2009 3:41 PM