catalogue of classes available in vbs CreateObject() RRS feed

• Question

• My question is : where can I get a catalogue of classes available to my VBS script through the createObject("server.class") syntax.

I am familiar with  the filesystem and dictionary classes "Scripting.filesystem" and "Scripting.dictionary"and find they're documented in the MSDN Library

I have also used the ADODB library of objects ("ADODB.Connection" etc) but can't find any reference to them in MSDN Library.
    I have fortuitiously stumbled upon the XML classes ("MSXML2.Document" etc) and have found their syntax in MSDN Library.
    But what I'm looking for is a catalogue of available classes ,  so I can see what classes are available, and then , how to use them.
    Can anybody help?

Remember I'm talking VBScript, not .NET - which is beautifully documented.

Cheers

Tuesday, September 8, 2009 3:44 AM

Answers

All replies

•  Hi,

Thank you for your post!  I would suggest please post your question in the forum

Script Center > Scripting Forums > The Official Scripting Guys Forum!

located here: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ITCG/threads

Have a great day!!!!!

Swapnil Tier 2 Application Support Server and Tools Online Operations Team
    • Proposed as answer by swapnilpBanned Tuesday, September 8, 2009 4:58 AM
    • Marked as answer by swapnilpBanned Wednesday, September 23, 2009 11:44 PM
    Tuesday, September 8, 2009 4:58 AM
  • ADODB.Connection is part of ADO. MSXML2.Document is part of MSXML.

If you need help in locating their documentations, post to the Windows SDK forum.
    If you need help in using ADO, post to the microsoft.public.platformsdk.database newsgroup
    If you need help in using MSXML, visit the MSXML forum under the Data Platform category.

The following is signature, not part of post
    Please mark the post answered your question as the answer, and mark other helpful posts as helpful.
    Visual C++ MVP
    Tuesday, September 8, 2009 5:32 PM