none
microsoft money quote import problem RRS feed

• Question

• I am a user of microsoft money uk 2005. Stock prices were updating ok until july 1 2013 when it stopped as I am presuming microsoft  ceased the stock price server function.

After some research I downloaded a JAVA app called  hleOfxQuotes-Build_2011 that very efficiently downloads updated stock prices of your chosen stock symbols from a choice of sources( I use Yahoo finance uk) and converts them to an ofx file for import to MM.

The import function into MM works ok and I get a MM screen that says "Import Complete"On clicking OK I get a screen that identifies the account to which the import is directed and on clicking that account I get a "review investment holdings" screen that shows the various stock prices correctly updated.clicking "Finish" and then "Done" takes me back to my home page

BUT!!! when I access the portfolio page none of the stock prices are actually updated, so currently I am having to manually update one by one.

Can anyone explain why MM imports the new prices successfully ...shows the new prices on a portfolio review page but does not actually update the portfolio...and ofcourse suggest a fix

ronwoking

Wednesday, July 10, 2013 10:13 PM

All replies

• You probably need to set the option: Incrementally Increased Share Count

Please check wiki: https://code.google.com/p/hle-ofx-quotes/wiki/UKUsers

Thursday, July 11, 2013 5:15 AM
  • I am having the same problem... using Microsoft Money 2007 Deluxe (US).

After MM imports the prices, I click on the statement and it forces "Review Investment Activity"--says that Money found investment in brokerage statement that it doesn't know what to do with.  Even though the the ticker is valid, the company name returns same, it wants to add a new symbol or company and.or remove the symbol from other accounts (or something like that)... it's very confusing because it looks like it is working, but in the end, it abandons the process and doesn't update the prices.

Harry

Friday, July 12, 2013 1:16 PM