Publishing CRM 2011 with TMG RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have successfully enabled IFD and Claims based authentication on CRM. I would  now like to publish the site on the internet using TMG.

Is there any sources of guidance on doing this? Has anyone who has successfully implemented this any hints or tip?

I understand I will need to publish more than just the CRM org URL, I believe that TMG will need to publish...

Orgname.domain.com

Dev.domain.com (or whatever was entered in the IFD dialog for the discovery web service)

Auth.domain.com

Not clear about if I need to also publish ADFS.Domain.com,especially as the sign-in page itself is on the ADFS server?

My internal environment domain is domain.local, but I have created a forward lookupzone called domain.com, which matches my cert. So Im guessing everything should match (ie the external URL also resolves internally). 

There will also need to be public DNS entries made for these as well. I also believe that TMG compression filter should be disabled. As these sites all use SSL and are using the default port (due to ADFS and CRM being on seperate servers) port 443 will also need to be allowed. I also read somewhere that Link translation should be disabled (or at least not used with CRM).

Tuesday, October 11, 2011 10:35 PM

All replies