Server Backups RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, for the past week I have not been able to complete any server backups at all.  I get the error message 2155348010, not enough free space on disk.  I could not find anywhere I could manually delete the old ones, but am I wrong in assuming that windows will delete the oldest backups so there is room for the new ones?  I still have nearly 200GB available on the drive and I have changed the backup settings to delete the backups more frequently,  but in the meantime I cannot backup anything.  Any ideas?  Thank you
    Tuesday, November 8, 2011 4:29 PM

All replies

• Server backups are a bit of a mystery, but in general WHS will delete older backups to make more space although some people have reported problems with this. You have no control over how this is done so I am intrigued to hear how you have changed the backup settings to delete backups more frequently - or are you talking about Client backups here?

If you have a spare disk you could swap that for the current backup disk and start again and revert back to the original disk (removing old backups) when you are sure your data is safe.

Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.
    Tuesday, November 8, 2011 6:08 PM