URL's in Left Hand Nav Bar? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Just wondering if its possible to have multiple URL's in the left hand navigation bar with different titles other than My Home Page?  I have put a URL in but it has come up with My Home Page and I can't find where to change the title so that I can have multiple and be able to have the users tell the difference between the links that are there.

The links are to external URL's used by the company.

Thanks.

Matthew.

Thursday, January 10, 2008 5:32 AM

Answers

• Thanks for your help everyone, I found the script that I needed;

<SubArea Id="nav_google" Title="Google search" Icon="/_imgs/ico_18_126.gif" Url="http://www.google.com" Client="Web" />

Friday, January 11, 2008 1:26 AM

All replies

• Hi Matthew,

Any customisation in left Nav Bar should think about sitemap.xml. So in your case, you may export sitemap.xml, then find 'MyWork', change Url from there.

Cheers,

Jim

Thursday, January 10, 2008 9:43 AM
  • There should be no problem doing this. Are you referring to the application navigation bar, or the navigation bar on a specifc entity form ?

It's probbably best for you to post the SiteMap or ISV.config changes you've made

Thursday, January 10, 2008 9:45 AM
  • Yes, you can define more urls in the left nav  bar, even you can add your own navbar item.

Yes, you can rename the Microsoft CRM modules shown on the left navigation bar of main CRM application window. You guessed right, you can do this with the help of sitemap XML file.

For instance, change the “Service” module name to “Helpdesk”. Following are the steps:

• Settings -> Customization -> Export Customization
    • Select Sitemap from the list of exportable entities.
    • Click on “More Actions” and than “Export Selected customization”
    • Click OK on Jscript alert.
    • Save the customization file.
    • Open the customization file for edit.
    • Find following line

<Area Id=”CS” ResourceId=”Area_Service” Icon=”/_imgs/services_24×24.gif” DescriptionResourceId=”Customer_Service_Description”>

• Add Title=”Helpdesk”. After the change, the line will look like following

<Area Id=”CS” Title=”Helpdesk” ResourceId=”Area_Service” Icon=”/_imgs/services_24×24.gif” DescriptionResourceId=”Customer_Service_Description”>

• Save the customization file.
    • Go to Settings -> Customization -> Import Customization
    • Browse to the saved sitemap file and upload it.
    • After the upload gets completed, click on “Import All Customization”.
    • Refresh you browser.

Thursday, January 10, 2008 10:59 AM
  • Thanks for your help everyone, I found the script that I needed;

<SubArea Id="nav_google" Title="Google search" Icon="/_imgs/ico_18_126.gif" Url="http://www.google.com" Client="Web" />

Friday, January 11, 2008 1:26 AM