How to redirect contact entity page from the custom web page. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello All,

I want to redirect to contact entity page from custom asp.net page using a button.

Friday, November 20, 2015 3:08 PM

All replies

• Hello,

I believe that this thread duplicates your question that you post earlier.

But if it is not there are 2 ways to implement redirection:

1. Clientside code using

window.location.href = "your contact url";

2. Serverside code using

Response.Redirect("your contact url");

Dynamics CRM MVP
    My blog

Friday, November 20, 2015 3:41 PM
  • Hello Andrii,

The above provided code works in web client but it does not work in outlook client ,

so i want to know how custom web pages do work from within the outlook.

I mean to say about the above link in such a way that it redirects to the login page.

so to resolve this what to be done.

Monday, November 23, 2015 5:08 AM
  • Hello Andrii,

The above provided code works in web client but it does not work in outlook client ,

so i want to know how custom web pages do work from within the outlook.

I mean to say about the above link in such a way that it redirects to the login page.

so to resolve this what to be done.

As I already mentioned before (in thread that looks for me as a duplicated but not for you) - try to avoid ASP.Net tricks and redevelop everything using CRM webresources. That will guarantee that your application will not leave CRM domain.

Dynamics CRM MVP
    My blog

Monday, November 23, 2015 11:39 AM
  • Thanks for the help Andrii.

In crm 4.0 there was ISV folder so we were able to put the publish code into that.

One thing i want to try please help me in that .

In MSCRM 2013 environment there is no more ISV folder.

Whether it is possible to add another website in the Microsoft Dynamics CRM virtual directory.

Like when we check the IIS there we find the website name as Microsoft Dynamics CRM website.

After clciking on plus sign (+) it will explore the folders and subfolders and on Help website.

so i am planning to work in such a way that if i add the website in this location Like Help website ,

will this work correct or this will be in vain.

Like the above image is showing the same which i want to implement.  As Help is there the same custom website will be here .

• Edited by EmpAnsar Tuesday, November 24, 2015 6:15 AM
    Tuesday, November 24, 2015 6:14 AM
  • All I can add is customizations you want to make work is unsupported for CRM 2013. You can check this here - https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg328350.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396#Unsupported

Also I will not argue or persuade anymore. So I wish you luck in your unsupported experiments.

Dynamics CRM MVP
    My blog

Tuesday, November 24, 2015 7:40 AM
  • All I can add is customizations you want to make work is unsupported for CRM 2013. You can check this here - https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg328350.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396#Unsupported

Also I will not argue or persuade anymore. So I wish you luck in your unsupported experiments.

Dynamics CRM MVP
    My blog

Ok Thanks Andrii.

will no more questions on this.

Sorry if you feel anything wrong.

you can understand the situation we are having.

Tuesday, November 24, 2015 8:22 AM