none
Number of questions in ms 070-515 exam RRS feed

• Question

• Dear All,

Can I please know how many questions in the ms 070-515 exam, or it varies each time? and does the whole test take around 2.5 hrs?

Thanks heaps.

Tuesday, May 10, 2011 1:07 AM

Answers

• The number of questions is typically somewhere around 45, but this is not fixed; you can expect a small variation on this fiigure.

The time for answering questions is somewhere around 2.5 hours, but Prometric will allocate a longer total time for the exam because there are additional slots for tasks such as reading and accepting the exam conditions and for entering comments at the end of the exam.

• Marked as answer by AndieDu Wednesday, May 11, 2011 12:01 AM
    Tuesday, May 10, 2011 6:26 AM

All replies

• The number of questions is typically somewhere around 45, but this is not fixed; you can expect a small variation on this fiigure.

The time for answering questions is somewhere around 2.5 hours, but Prometric will allocate a longer total time for the exam because there are additional slots for tasks such as reading and accepting the exam conditions and for entering comments at the end of the exam.

• Marked as answer by AndieDu Wednesday, May 11, 2011 12:01 AM
    Tuesday, May 10, 2011 6:26 AM
  • Thanks a lot Alberto.
    Wednesday, May 11, 2011 12:01 AM
  • I just sat this exam today. It had 51 questions, and the time allowed was less than 2 hours (it was around 1:40 or 1:50, can't remember which).  I didn't pass - in fact I ran out of time before I could even attempt all of the questions.  Needless to say I was pretty angry given that the confirmation email I got from Prometric when I booked the exam said that the exam duration was 2:30, and I did the Self-Test Software practice exam and that was 50 questions in 2:30 (and I passed that comfortably).

IMO, the time allowed was not sufficient to be able to carefully read and comprehend the question as well as carefully evaluate the available answers.

I've done 5 or 6 MS certification exams in the past and never failed one.  I finished most of them with a good 15-20 minutes leftover to review before the end of the allocated time.  This one seemed very, very different to the others I've done.

Friday, October 21, 2011 4:13 AM
  • Can you give any advice, or better support your comments here?  I am taking the test on Tuesday and have little to no access to preparation materials, better insight would be greatly appreciated.
    Saturday, November 5, 2011 6:09 PM