none
can not select a Webdav ftp share RRS feed

• Question

• I created a webdav connection from a ftp site with the vista explorer wizzard. I would like to synchronize some folders from there to a local disk. When I want to select the left (or right) folder in the search folder window, the OK button is greyed out.

I can not select any folders on the remote server. What is the problem?

If I select the folder within the explorer, I can easily copy files and folders to my local disk. The connection is OK.

Please give me a hint what to do.

Thanks

efroggy

Monday, January 19, 2009 4:49 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I have not got any information about a direct support of ftp from SyncToy yet. Maybe you can approach this in some indirect way such as driver mapping (you may need to ask somebody who knows more about this field, for I am not quite familiar with ftp and web driver).

One thing you should notice is, for now, SyncToy needs to build and maintain metadata files (often named like “SyncToy_XXXX...XXX.dat”) in both sync folders of a folder pair. So at least, you need to make sure SyncToy has write permission to the ftp folder.

Thanks.

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Friday, March 20, 2009 9:19 AM
  • At anytime, you should be able to create a network drive from a WebDAV connection.

If you do that, SyncToy recognize the network device as a valuable folder.

Try it and and give us the result.

Thierry.
    Sunday, May 3, 2009 4:07 PM
  • When I try to select a WebDAV folder in SyncToy 2.1 I get the same grayed out OK button. 

Does anyone know any methods for getting SyncToy to use a WebDAV folder as a sync target?

Wednesday, March 9, 2011 4:40 PM