Money 4 RRS feed

• Question

• Used MS Money4 for nearly 9 years on my PC.  A month ago my hard drive quit.  I had been backing up MS Money the past couple of years on a SanDish memory stik.  I changed to MAC computers and found out OS X can't read the SanDisk which has a FAT format.  I need this data for 2013 to do my tax work.  I've tried chats with Apple, Quicken, and SanDisk but haven't found a solution.  SanDisk says I need to contact MS to see what software I need.  Please help.  Bernied
    Monday, January 13, 2014 3:39 PM

All replies

• A MAC should be able to read a FAT32-formatted flash drive.  When you plug it in, what error message do you receive?

A bigger issue is that Money will not run on OS X.  You need to purchase a copy of Windows, install Mac's Boot Camp, install Windows, and install Money.  Here's a link to information about Boot camp:

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1461

If you need more detail, I suggest that you post to an Apple support forum.

Bill Becker

Monday, January 13, 2014 11:23 PM
  • Copy the *.m* files from that flash drive onto other media using a Windows computer. That will both test the integrity of your files, and it will serve to protect you in case that Sandisk flash drive fails, or somebody slips and harms the files.

Did that work? If not, well, I don't know what your next move would be. So let's hope it works.

You say you were using MS Money4 for nearly 9 years. There was not a product by that name. What does it actually say on your install disk that you plan to use?

Tuesday, January 14, 2014 11:05 PM