Duplicate Reports in Dynamics CRM 2013 from CRM 2011 after upgrading [On Premise] RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I just did a upgrade from Dynamics CRM 2011 (had rollup 15 installed) to CRM 2013 for on-premise. It was a test environment, and the upgrade was done in-place (no export and import of organisation). After the upgrade while installing the SRS connector, an error came up that 'report with same name exists'. Following is the screenshot:

I clicked on 'Ignore' and the setup completed with a log file. When I went into CRM, I found that a couple of reports were present in duplicate. Following is the screenshot:

I believe due to the duplicate records, the SRS connector didn't install completely or something like that. Now how do I proceed to delete the duplicate reports? I tried deleting them, and they gave a business process error stating that they had managed properties. One thing to be noted here is that the organisation upgraded is fresh, there are no customization and no records.

• Edited by CRM Junkie Thursday, December 5, 2013 10:22 AM
    Wednesday, December 4, 2013 6:01 PM

Answers

• Here is an unsupported way of deleting the OOB reports.

Other way of doing it could be to delete the report from the report server directly and then check the CRM. If there are any remaining references in the CRM UI then you can use this support article and do the clean-up.

If my response helps you in finding your answer then please click 'Mark as Answer' and 'Vote as Helpful'

• Marked as answer by CRM Junkie Thursday, December 5, 2013 11:34 AM
    Wednesday, December 4, 2013 7:38 PM

All replies

• Here is an unsupported way of deleting the OOB reports.

Other way of doing it could be to delete the report from the report server directly and then check the CRM. If there are any remaining references in the CRM UI then you can use this support article and do the clean-up.

If my response helps you in finding your answer then please click 'Mark as Answer' and 'Vote as Helpful'

• Marked as answer by CRM Junkie Thursday, December 5, 2013 11:34 AM
    Wednesday, December 4, 2013 7:38 PM
  • Thanks, I tried out the first link that you gave and was able to delete some OOB reports from Dynamics CRM 2013. But when I tried re-installing the SRS connector I got the same error but with a report that exists only once and it still stated that a report with that name already exists. Any idea how to resolve this?
    Thursday, December 5, 2013 9:53 AM
  • This issue is fixed in CRM 2013 Update Rollup 1. You'll see this happen if you upgrade from CRM 2011 UR15 or later to CRM 2013. A workaround is to upgrade to CRM 2013 without updating the  organization database. Then install UR1 and upgrade the organization in Deployment Manager.

Thursday, March 13, 2014 8:16 PM