none
Unable to create session on head node via Windows service on another server RRS feed

• Question

• Our application is a .NET WinForms application that optionally uses .NET Remoting to connect to data objects running in a Windows service on app servers of ours. When the app is not using remoting, creating and sending a job to the head node works just fine. However, using the remote objects, where they in turn create and send the job, fails. I can, however, run the application on that server itself (not using remoting) and it works. There are a couple of differences in what happens depending on the user the service is running under.

Session.CreateSession - (either user) Job is never created on the head node and it eventually times out. I can see from firewall logs on the head node that communication is not being blocked.

DurableSession.CreateSession - (service account) Job is created but gets stuck in a "configuring" state. (domain user account) Works correctly.

Both users are set as administrators for the time being on the head node cluster manager (Configuration\Users).

Any suggestions on what to look at? I'm not seeing anything useful in the event logs.

Wednesday, October 24, 2012 2:45 PM

All replies

• Who is the owner of you Windows service? System /Adminisitrator/Domain Administrator?

Do you have HPC Pack installed on the server where your Windows service is running?

Does your server belongs to HPC domain?

Daniel Drypczewski

Tuesday, November 6, 2012 7:29 AM