[3.0] I can't receive email in CRM RRS feed

• Question

• I know you can send email from CRM, but I haven't seen anything that allows email to be received. Also I haven't seen anything that allows CRM to know when a contact has replied to that email. Does CRM provide any functionality other than sending email? Also if not, is there a way programatically add the above the funcitonality. Lastly, does email in 4.0 act in the same way as 3.0?
    Sunday, March 23, 2008 12:20 AM

Answers

•  

dear

thats good you are getting emails in your Outlook inbox.well the next thing you wellbe doing is to track that email in CRM,..you have Outlook client installed.Now when ever that specific email arrives Click the "TRACK IN CRM" Button

that will be available in your CRM outlook toolbar.

Alternatively open that email and set its Set regarding. to track in CRM.

Tuesday, March 25, 2008 5:40 AM

All replies

•  

dear user

the CRM does gives the facility to track the incoming and outgoing emails. you can send emials directly through the web interface of CRM and through Outlook as well. The outlook client of CRM gives you the facility to track the emails in CRM.

once the emails are send / received they are tracked in CRM and become part of the CRM.

other then sending emails other activities that can be performed are like tasks, appointments, phone call etc..

Monday, March 24, 2008 5:17 AM
  • I ask because I've tested sending an email from CRM and replying to it. The reply was sent to my Outlook inbox not CRM (also I do not have the Outlook Web Client). Any caveats I should be aware of?

To be more clear, I have an user that is getting email through an asp page (web-cusstomer clicks a link and an email goes to the user). I would like the email to be routed to the user but through CRM. Now this user of course has an Exchange/Outlook account. So any emails go directly to his Outlook inbox.

The issue I've run into is that even when I send an email through CRM, the reply to that email is still sent to that user's Outlook inbox. Email tracking is on.

So is there a setting that I've overlooked or do I have a misunderstanding of how email works in CRM 3.0?

Monday, March 24, 2008 2:02 PM
  •  

dear

thats good you are getting emails in your Outlook inbox.well the next thing you wellbe doing is to track that email in CRM,..you have Outlook client installed.Now when ever that specific email arrives Click the "TRACK IN CRM" Button

that will be available in your CRM outlook toolbar.

Alternatively open that email and set its Set regarding. to track in CRM.

Tuesday, March 25, 2008 5:40 AM