HighPoint Rocket Raid 2320 Install Issues RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am trying to install WHS RC1 and am running into a bit of a problem.

My System Specs are as follows.

MB: ASROCK AM2V890 VSTA
    RAM: 4x1GB PC2-667
    RAID CARD: HighPoint Rocket Raid 2320
    HD: 3x500GB
    CPU: 3800+ X2 64 Athlon
    VIDEO: Gigabyte 8500GT 256MB
    NIC: Intel Pro 1000/GT

During the install of WHS it says "Hard Drive capable of hosting WHS was not found". I then choose to install the W2K3 drivers for the 2320 from my USB stick. It appears to accept  the drivers and then tries to rescan for disk drives but comes up with the same error.

All three drives are connected to the 2320 and have been initialized. They are now configured in any type of array.

I have tried the drivers that cam off the CD with the 2320 as well as the ones off the manufactures website. Neither appear to work.

Anyone have any ideas?

Just in case anyone is wondering about my setup. I am using the 2320 right now as a way to eventually hold 8 1TB drives I have sitting in my office. I am hoping to test the redundancy of WHS to see if it meets my needs as opposed to using a RAID 5 array.

It is simply that I like the idea of being able to take out one of the 1TB drives and replacing it with say a 1.5TB or even a 2TB down the road without haveing to worry about changing my array or have the higher capacity drive reduced to a smaller size due to the limitations of RAID.

Thanks for any help.
    Saturday, June 23, 2007 5:55 AM