Cannot get Microsoft Fix It to work. I get an error message! RRS feed

• Question

• I do not know if my problem with Microsoft Fix It is the same as others or not. It sounds similar, but I am trying to run it on a computer with an OS of Windows Vista Home Premium 32 bit.  As for the anti-virus, anti-malware, etc...  I did have the McAfee Security Center that came installed with the computer did not have the $$$ to renew the service. I now have Microsoft Security Essentials, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, Emisoft Anti-Malware free (formerly a squared), Spybot Search & Destroy free, and SUPERAntiSpyware Free.  I also have a few scanners for malware and registry errors and out of date programs. They are: Norton Security Scan, ThreatExpert Memory Scanner, Driver Updater (Carambis), Registry Mechanic, Registry Booster, AOL Computer Check up, CNET Tech Tracker, and ATF Cleaner.

Now the error message that I received is as follows: 

"An unexpected error has occured. Setup cannot continue. Please close and try again."                

"Error: Unregonized configuration section system.serviceModel.  (C:\Windows\Microsoft.net\Framework\v2.0.50727\config\machine.config line 1335)."

I have many registry errors, and other stuff that may be causing my computer to slow down and go a little eratic. That is why I wanted to run the Fix It program to what it would come up with.   how can I get the Fix It program to run on my computer? 

Wednesday, September 15, 2010 2:47 AM

All replies

• Nothing comes free (something could be attached). There is no need in running all of these programs on your computer. Most likely, they are conflicting with one another and Vista. I can't suggest to you the ones to keep or get rid of. There is software that comes in a bundle that does just about all of what your software does, but you have to purchase it and renew your license yearly (your software is only good if you keep it updated). I would try uninstalling all of the software(mentioned above) and rolling your system back (system restore) to a point before most of these programs. And then try installing Microsoft Fix It, and remember nothing comes free. Good Luck.
    Tuesday, December 14, 2010 3:50 AM
  • Hello everyone!

Sorry I did not get back on here sooner. I have been having severe pain in my back and legs from a bulge in a disc in my spine. I had to limit the time I am on the computer.

I was hoping that I would have had the money to upgrade my computer and I would not have to worry about what I had installed on my computer. But things have not worked out for me. I did uninstall some programs from my computer that were mostly used for alerting purposes and to see what needed to be upgraded, updated or changed.

I have not tried to install Fix-it again and probably will not try to. I you were right on with too many programs interfering with the Fix-it program. But I also had another program cause me some headaches that could also be interfering with Fix-it. I am having a heck of a time trying to figure that one out.  Got it narrowed down to 3 possibilities as to why that program is causing me headaches with other programs. That is for another day.

Thanks for your help.

Monday, January 10, 2011 5:00 AM
  • Hello everyone!

I have tried to run Fix It again first time in a while. I still have the same problem it will not let me download the programs that it needs to run. So I did a screen shot so some one can take a look at it and see what it says.   It says: "Fix It troubleshooting cannot continue because an error occurred" and "We're sorry, but we encountered an unexpected problem downloading a file and cannot complete the diagnostic solution. Please try again later."  I tried different browsers: Firefox and Internet Explorer, both up to date.

Would the User Account Control, having that set to being on or yes, would that prevent the Fix It from downloading?  

Would Having passive or active: spam, virus, anti-malware setting that prevent worms and other such bad programs from entering my computer, affect and prevent the Fix It program from Down loading?

Would having a pop-up blocker set to a certain level prevent the Fix It program from downloading completely? 

In case you were wondering where I have been, I have limited my computer time due to a bulging disc in my back causing severe pain in lower back and right buttock, radiating down my right leg, and then my right leg goes numb from the knee to the foot.  But I have since gotten an epidural pain injection and it has greatly taken the edge off, but I still get some pain, but not as bad as it was before. 

Saturday, April 23, 2011 3:25 AM