Has anyone had experience with Online Data Savers? RRS feed

• General discussion

• Has anyone had experience with Online Data Savers?  They are the first offsite backup that I have found that works with WHS.
    I know there has been discussion about online offsite backup, but nobody has come up with a great solution so far.  I use
    Carbonite and am getting ready to cancel, because I want to use it on WHS.

I have been using the Online Data Savers for about 3 days now with their free trial.  I just wanted some input about their service
    and if they are legit.  Any help would be appreciated. If there are any new alternatives, please feel free to share.  Data Savers
    runs in the background and seems to work well.  I have restored a few files and that works really fast.  Anyway any info or help would be
    appreciated.   $55 bucks a year for unlimited storage and WHS ability sounds too good to be true.  

http://www.onlinedatasavers.com/

• Changed type kariya21Moderator Friday, April 9, 2010 4:58 AM not a technical question
    • Changed type kariya21Moderator Friday, April 9, 2010 4:58 AM not a technical question
    • Changed type kariya21Moderator Friday, April 9, 2010 4:59 AM oops didn't change thread type :)
    Friday, April 9, 2010 1:51 AM

All replies

• If something sounds too good to be true, it probably is. In this particular case, their web site is, umm, not confidence inspiring, for a number of reasons. Parts of their business model seem sort of questionable, too: for instance unlimited storage for one low yearly price. If other online storage vendors stuggle selling small amounts of storage for the same price, and large amounts of storage for much higher prices, how do Online Data Savers manage?

What's the bandwidth like?

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Friday, April 9, 2010 3:39 AM