Software not genuine? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I have recently received a message that says my software is not genuine.  I purchased it along with a PC several years ago.  The PC has long gone to the happy hunting grounds and when I replaced it, I installed the version of Office onto the new one.  I took great pains to ensure that I only had one copy running at one time, so how can you say it is not genuine.  My memory is that it was 2-300 pounds at the time, which sounds pretty legal and compliant to me!

Please advise,

Regards, Nick Metaxas
    • Moved by Carey FrischMVP Friday, November 6, 2009 2:43 AM Moved to relevant category (From:Feedback and Comments)
    Thursday, November 5, 2009 10:24 PM

Answers

• To help us analyze and troubleshoot a non-genuine notification issue you may be experiencing, please download and run the Microsoft Genuine Advantage Diagnostics Tool

Once you run the tool, click on the Continue button, then click on the Copy button and paste the report into your post, along with your question.

Thank you!

Carey Frisch
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Tuesday, November 10, 2009 9:52 PM
    Friday, November 6, 2009 2:43 AM

All replies

• To help us analyze and troubleshoot a non-genuine notification issue you may be experiencing, please download and run the Microsoft Genuine Advantage Diagnostics Tool

Once you run the tool, click on the Continue button, then click on the Copy button and paste the report into your post, along with your question.

Thank you!

Carey Frisch
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Tuesday, November 10, 2009 9:52 PM
    Friday, November 6, 2009 2:43 AM
  • No reply from original poster

Question is assumed answered.

Darin MS
    Tuesday, November 10, 2009 9:51 PM