none
How do I unlink my MCP ID from my previous employer? RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to figure out how to link my MCP ID to my new employer for the partner network. 

I choose:

1. Individual Account Page
    2. Edit Profile
    3. Scroll down to Your Microsoft Certified Professional Information
    4. Fill in the field with the number on my plastic card
    5. Submit

Page returns with an error:

This MCP ID is currently associated to another organization: OASIS ASSET
    MANAGEMENT LIMITED.  You must disassociate this MCP ID from OASIS ASSET
    MANAGEMENT LIMITED before associating it with another organization.  If you need
    assistance, please contact your Regional Service Center.

How do I unlink it?  What do I search for in the RSC?  mcp id and partner program aren't working.  Regards

Monday, March 10, 2014 12:56 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi, Luke.

Go to the following web page, click the MCP and Certifications tab, and then click the Unlink MCP ID button in the middle of the form. Along the way, you will need to log in with your MCP email account (usually, Hotmail, Live, or Outlook):
    https://partners.microsoft.com/partnerprogram/IndividualHome.aspx

Good luck!

Best wishes, Davin Mickelson

Monday, March 10, 2014 5:47 PM
    Answerer
  • Hi Davin,

My ID is not linked with this live account, as it is relatively new.  When I try to link it to my account, it tells me it is already linked to an organisation (because I am now linked to my new job).  The option to unlink it does not appear.  I'm going to try unlinking from the org, adding mcp id to my account and relinking to org.

Failing that, where can I determine the account my id is linked to?

Monday, March 10, 2014 10:59 PM
  • I recently had to call the partner program because my partner email address was no longer valid. When I called them, they easily fixed my email address. They can also unlink and relink you passed exams to the correct employer.

Be sure to have ready your new employer's Microsoft Partner ID number when you call. Someone at the new company is an official administrator to the partner program.

Best wishes, Davin Mickelson

Tuesday, March 11, 2014 6:39 AM
    Answerer