Multiple WHS Errors this morning RRS feed

All replies

•  

To add to all of this.. I just lost all of my backups and cannot access any of the files on my server.  I can browse all of the files but when I access them it says the drive ( D: ) is not connected....  I have 4 500 gig drives and last I checked had about 750Gb free.  I cannot tell what is available as I have a problem with WHS server storage and it does not calculate the storage space.

HELP!!!!!!  Any Ideas what I should do?  I thought about re-installing WHS, but not sure if I should at this point with the "Unhealthy" drive and everything else that is going on.  I really don't want to lose everything on my server.

Thanks-

Brian

Saturday, July 12, 2008 7:06 PM
  •  brianmcp wrote:
    To add to all of this.. I just lost all of my backups and cannot access any of the files on my server.  I can browse all of the files but when I access them it says the drive ( D: ) is not connected....  I have 4 500 gig drives and last I checked had about 750Gb free.  I cannot tell what is available as I have a problem with WHS server storage and it does not calculate the storage space.

HELP!!!!!!  Any Ideas what I should do?  I thought about re-installing WHS, but not sure if I should at this point with the "Unhealthy" drive and everything else that is going on.  I really don't want to lose everything on my server.

Thanks-

Brian

You should post a bug report on Connect.

Saturday, July 12, 2008 7:33 PM
  •  kariya21 wrote:

You should post a bug report on Connect.

Bug report has been filed

Saturday, July 12, 2008 7:35 PM
  •  

Well, I think I know what the problem is.... One of my harddrives is no longer formatted!  Now what?!?!?!
    Sunday, July 13, 2008 5:48 AM
  • What is the bug number on Connect?

Tuesday, July 15, 2008 5:27 PM

https://connect.microsoft.com/WindowsHomeServer/feedback/ViewFeedback.aspx?FeedbackID=355930&wa=wsignin1.0

i ended up losing everything on the drive that became un-formatted, naturally.  WHS would not repair or remove the drive, so I un-installed PP1, deleted the partition, recreated ithe drive with a primary partition and WHS sees it as a new drive, but it cannot add it.  It is a Seagate Barracuda EIDE 500Gb Drive, so I ran SeaTools on it and everything checks out fine with it.

My main concern is that It just all of a sudden became un-formatted and then lost all of the data stored on it.  I have been testing WHS since the beginning and have not had any major problems until I installed PP1.  I am running the OEM version of WHS, purchased it from NewEgg when it first came out.

I am a systems engineer by trade, so I generally leave out the common details.  If there is anything you may need to know, please let me know and I will be more than happy to provide details.

Thanks-

Brian Thompson

Tuesday, July 15, 2008 8:42 PM