off topic - Xbox 360 Media Extender RRS feed

• General discussion

•  

I am trying to connect to the Media Extender thru my PC but the Media Center does not seem to be able to find it.  I am running a small wireless network at home using a Belkin G+MIMO device to route the signals.  I can see the Xbox on my Network and have checked to make sure the firewalls McAfee & Windows are allowing Media Center Extender thru the Firewall.  When I search for OneCare on my PC to check for any conflicts I only pull up Antimalware.  I ran the program but it says I have administrator rights and the only option I have to select at the bottom is Cancel.

Can someone help me with this issue?

Tuesday, July 29, 2008 10:26 PM

All replies

• You're off topic for this forum, which is dedicated to Windows Live OneCare.

The reason you don't see OneCare when you search your PC is because you aren't running OneCare as your security software.

You may want to try the Microsoft Public newsgroups here: http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/list/en-us/default.aspx

Since you are using McAfee firewall, your Windows firewall should be off. You may want to turn off the McAfee firewall and try to configure the connection to the xbox. If it works, you know that the McAfee firewall is not properly configured.

I would then contact McAfee for information on how to configure their firewall for this.

-steve

Wednesday, July 30, 2008 1:29 PM