Still unable to MS Money Sunset Deluxe RRS feed

• Question

• I need to put MS money onto a new laptop. I have Microsoft money Plus deluxe, but license for one machine only. If I un-install it I fear I may not be able to installed it on you machine. Alternatively, I like to install Microsoft sunset Deluxe, got the error message reported in this forum, "AutoRun info file missing or corrupt". I followed all the directions given by Carl Learner, but have still not succeeded in installing the downloaded program. setup.exe will not run

Peter Goldsworthy

Salcombe, Devon, TQ8 8NF

Friday, February 22, 2013 9:35 PM

All replies

• I am sceptical. Say what you did and what happened. Also say what OS you are running.

Sunday, February 24, 2013 7:45 PM
  • By the way, the license is irrelevant.  You will never be able to reinstall Money Plus Deluxe, whether you remove your existing copy or not, as the authentication servers have been shut down.  You will not even be able to remove and reinstall on the same computer.
    Sunday, February 24, 2013 8:17 PM
  • <object height="1" id="plugin0" style=";z-index:1000;" type="application/x-dgnria" width="1"><param name="tabId" value="{54BF7800-3095-4957-BDCF-2168465718E9}" /></object>My apologies for previous inadequate description of problem. I have tried  to  install money sunset Deluxe, on a HP Ultrabook laptop with Windows 7,  following all steps outlined in this forum by Carl Learner, but on command setup.exe, continue to get the error message "AutoRun info file corrupt or missing" .I have checked that the register key  which Carl Learner mentions as causing the problem  is not present
    Wednesday, February 27, 2013 7:00 AM
  • Thank you for comment. It is clear that Microsoft's withdrawal of support for Money has caused many users of the programme, like myself great deal of frustration. I cannot understand why Microsoft would not remedy the problems that are being experienced with installing the Money plus sunset Deluxe version that they put online to replace all previous versions.
    Wednesday, February 27, 2013 7:08 AM
  • My apologies for previous inadequate description of problem. I have tried  to  install money sunset Deluxe, on a HP Ultrabook laptop with Windows 7,  following all steps outlined in this forum by Carl Learner, but on command setup.exe, continue to get the error message "AutoRun info file corrupt or missing" .I have checked that the register key  which Carl Learner mentions as causing the problem  is not present
    I see that you did not mention mnyinst.  You might want to re-read this: http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/money/thread/e0de648f-fbcf-482f-bc3f-819cefd08aa4

Wednesday, February 27, 2013 7:26 AM