Microsof Sync Framework 4.0 Samples. How create remote client based on MS SQL Server for ListService? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello. I'm new in Microsoft Sync Framework. i need to create remote download and upload client for ListService from Microsof Sync Framework 4.0 Samples. Client will based on MS SQL Server 2005 and Windows OS. And client must use internet for communication with the server and data synchronizing.

What steps are necessary for client realization?

May be anybody can give a few code examples that can help me ?

PS: Sorry for my bad english.

Wednesday, March 16, 2011 2:44 PM

All replies

• just to clarify, by client, you mean the client application uses SQL 2005? what is the database on the client and on the server?
    Wednesday, March 16, 2011 2:55 PM
  • i have 2 MS SQL Servers , which are located remotely . They can communicate only via the Internet. On one of them (main server) published ListService and stored main database. Other Server(client) should be able to upload/download some tabledata to/from main server.

May be i use wrong sample for this situation. Please help me choose the right architecture for this situation .

Wednesday, March 16, 2011 3:12 PM
  • first of all Sync Fx 4 is just in CTP phase and not in production yet.

the current v2.1 will most likely suffice for your requirements.

check out this sample sync between SQL Express and SQL Server (should work with SQL Server to SQL Server as well): https://archive.msdn.microsoft.com/Release/ProjectReleases.aspx?ProjectName=sync&ReleaseId=3762

you may also look up "n-tier synchronization" in the docs.

• Proposed as answer by Ganeshan Wednesday, March 16, 2011 10:46 PM
    Wednesday, March 16, 2011 3:18 PM
  • Thanks a lot, JuneT.
    Wednesday, March 16, 2011 3:29 PM