NIC Drivers RRS feed

• Question

• I am having problems getting WHS to install rivers for my linksys LNE100tx ver.4.1 an also for my dd-link DGE-530T.
    Any idea where I can get some drivers? 
    Thursday, September 11, 2008 2:55 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Both Linksys and DLink list drivers for those products on their respective web-sites, are those not OK? If not, Google list drivers for both as well.

Colin
    If anyone answers your query successfully, please mark it as 'Helpful', to guide other users.
    Thursday, September 11, 2008 4:54 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Both Linksys and DLink list drivers for those products on their respective web-sites, are those not OK? If not, Google list drivers for both as well.

Colin
    If anyone answers your query successfully, please mark it as 'Helpful', to guide other users.
    Thursday, September 11, 2008 4:54 PM
  • If you cannot find drivers for Windows Server 2003 for your hardware, you can try to use the XP drivers. If those reject to install due to an unsupported operating system, right click on the installation file in Windows Explorer, select Properties and go to the Compatibility tab. Select here compatibility mode for Windows XP, click ok and run the installation program again.
    Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf
    Friday, September 12, 2008 8:47 PM
  • I also recommend if possible for nasty drivers that may not want to install using the company's Setup application, is to simply extract the contents of the driver .zip file as found on their web site, into a temporary folder.
    Then manually install the driver.  Right-click on My Computer, choose Properties, Hardware tab, Device Manager, right-click on the device in question and choose update driver.  Install from a list or specific location, then browse to the location of the unzipped driver files.  They usually sort these into folders for each supported OS, so choose Server 2003 if it is available, otherwise XP 32-bit.  If the folder you chose has a proper .inf file in it, the OK button will become available and you can proceed.
    Saturday, September 13, 2008 10:20 PM