Send As another user privilege RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Experts,

I am trying to find out the difference between allowing a user to send an email on behalf of another user by

1. Setting the 'Send Email as Another User' privilege in the security role 

2. Setting the 'Set Personal Options' for the user as below

Questions -

1. What is the difference between the two?

2. Which is safer option to go with considering that users don't misuse the privilege?

3. Does these privileges apply if we are trying to send an email from a Queue instead of a User? (setting From field of the email to a Queue instead of a User account)

Thanks,

Swaroop

Thursday, February 27, 2014 7:46 PM

All replies

• These two are the opposite of each other. The security role one gives user(s) the Ability to send email on behalf of others. But, those other people must have checked the box on the user options allowing those with the security role to send email as them.

Thursday, February 27, 2014 9:53 PM
  • Hi James,

Based on your answer

"If User A has the security role privilege and he is trying to send email on behalf of User B, then User B must have set his personal options to Allow." So basically, both the options must be set for sending out an email on behalf of other user.

Is my assumption correct?

Does the security role privilege apply if sender is a Queue account instead of User account?

Thanks,

Swaroop 

Thursday, February 27, 2014 10:46 PM
  • Swaroop,

Your assumption is correct.

For the second item I am not sure. Do you want the user to be able to send as the queue (in which case I believe that the user just needs the appropriate rights to the queue). I'm not sure that a queue can send as a user.

-j

Friday, February 28, 2014 2:30 PM