Windows 7 not Genuine, build 7601 RRS feed

• Question

• Hey Guys I recently had this same problem on my computer, at the same time I found a Windows Optimizer program on my computer running in the background and telling me I had 2399 errors on my pc. I never installed such a program and immediately uninstalled it, after uninstall I ran a virus scan using Avast free virus scanner and picked up multiple viruses and removed them. Desktop reverted to normal as well as system properties page. Just a helpful hint for any having this problem try a simple VIRUS SCAN first
    Sunday, May 27, 2012 2:42 AM

Answers

• "Wildcat40019" wrote in message news:e6420a09-0848-4384-ae59-07574b64c18d...
    Hey Guys I recently had this same problem on my computer, at the same time I found a Windows Optimizer program on my computer running in the background and telling me I had 2399 errors on my pc. I never installed such a program and immediately uninstalled it, after uninstall I ran a virus scan using Avast free virus scanner and picked up multiple viruses and removed them. Desktop reverted to normal as well as system properties page. Just a helpful hint for any having this problem try a simple VIRUS SCAN first

You should also run a decent malware scanner - MalwareBytes Anti-Malware will often find things that a conventional virus scanner misses.

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Sunday, May 27, 2012 7:05 AM

All replies

• "Wildcat40019" wrote in message news:e6420a09-0848-4384-ae59-07574b64c18d...
    Hey Guys I recently had this same problem on my computer, at the same time I found a Windows Optimizer program on my computer running in the background and telling me I had 2399 errors on my pc. I never installed such a program and immediately uninstalled it, after uninstall I ran a virus scan using Avast free virus scanner and picked up multiple viruses and removed them. Desktop reverted to normal as well as system properties page. Just a helpful hint for any having this problem try a simple VIRUS SCAN first

You should also run a decent malware scanner - MalwareBytes Anti-Malware will often find things that a conventional virus scanner misses.

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Sunday, May 27, 2012 7:05 AM
  • Thank you Wildcat40019, we appreciate you sharing your experience.

I am marking this thread a Answered.  Unfortunately, I can't mark your post (the first post of a thread) as the Answer, so I  have marked Noel's post as the Answer, instead.  I just wanted you to know the reason why I did it that way.

Darin MS

Tuesday, May 29, 2012 8:05 PM