none
Is anyone using TV Scheduler Pro? RRS feed

• General discussion

• Just wondering if anyone has installed this on their WHS and has it working? If so, what tuner card are you using?

Regards

Warren

• Changed type kariya21Moderator Friday, June 11, 2010 4:06 AM not a technical question
    Friday, June 11, 2010 3:01 AM

All replies

• Has anyone installed n their server? Very possibly not. I had never heard of it before you mentioned it. Did you try a search here in the forums?

Some general tips:

• It's "unsupported". This doesn't mean it won't work. It does mean it might not work as expected, or at all. It also means that you're likely to be on your own if problems arise. We can help with some general troubleshooting, but we don't have your hardware, and we aren't sitting at your server's console.
    • Any tuner card you get will need to have drivers for Windows Server 2003 (preferable), or Windows XP (the drivers will have to install successfully on Windows Server 2003 in this case). I also suspect you will want to install only the drivers, not whatever tuning app the card comes with, but I have nothing to back that up.
    • You will need to be careful with the TV Scheduler Pro web interface. Remember that Windows Home Server includes several web sites; you don't want to interfere with any of them.
    • Consider posting on The Green Button or other home theater forums. You'll find a lot more specific expertise in the area of media, even media on Windows Home Server, than you will here.

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Friday, June 11, 2010 12:41 PM
  • Thanks Ken. I thought as much. I have also asked this question on xpmediacentre and a few people have got it to work so hopefully I can do the same. Thanks again for your feedback. Much appreciated.
    Monday, June 14, 2010 3:14 AM