PIC licenses/federation issues RRS feed

• Question

• Our company has rolled out OCS without any issues. We bought a bunch of PIC licenses and want to be able to use MSN, AOL and yahoo however its been "activation in progress" for well over 4 weeks now and I submited a ticket to microsoft and they claim its in progress and can take 4-6 weeks.

Anyone else experience this?? 

The one thing I did do wrong is I put in the wrong sip domain. I contacted microsoft to fix but they told me that I can fix it after the activation goes through
    Brandon Vignando
    Tuesday, June 2, 2009 6:03 PM

Answers

• It's typically "at least 30 days" but if it's way past that I'd personally raise a little heck with whomever your rep is and see if you can get at least an update.
    Jeff Schertz, PointBridge | MVP | MCITP: Enterprise Messaging | MCTS: OCS
    • Marked as answer by Brandon6976 Wednesday, August 26, 2009 6:17 PM
    Tuesday, June 2, 2009 6:37 PM

All replies

• That response time is typical.  You may notice that PIC with Live/MSN starts working sooner but the requests for AOL and Yahoo are handled outside of Microsoft and typically take 30+ days for them to configure.

Since the SIP domain is incorrect you unfortunately may have to wait until Yahoo and AOL complete the initial request and then you'll have to submit a change.
    Tuesday, June 2, 2009 6:14 PM
  • yeah I get that. Its more that its been probably 6 weeks or so already. I'm just curious to know if 6 weeks though given as an answer isn't realistic but its really like 10 weeks or something.
    Brandon Vignando
    Tuesday, June 2, 2009 6:16 PM
  • It's typically "at least 30 days" but if it's way past that I'd personally raise a little heck with whomever your rep is and see if you can get at least an update.
    • Marked as answer by Brandon6976 Wednesday, August 26, 2009 6:17 PM
    Tuesday, June 2, 2009 6:37 PM