How do I delete thousands of contacts from a search? RRS feed

• Question

• I uploaded data from a database which contained thousands of contacts with no email address. Mostly I wanted the firm contact, but since I could get a lot of personal data also, I imported a lot. Sounds stupid, I know, but now I want to delete all those contacts for which I have no email address. I will add people as I call the firms.

My first step was to export for reimport all contact records with blank email addresses. I added the email address "noaddress@email.com" to them all and reimported them. Now I can filter on email = "noaddress@email.com" I get about 7,000 contacts.

I can delete them page by page, 250 at a time. But I think there must be a way I can bulk delete all of them at once, no?

Thanks.

Thursday, December 5, 2013 6:28 PM

Answers

• I think I discovered a web resource that will guide me through this.

Please disregard. Thank you!

• Marked as answer by john_oberweis Thursday, December 5, 2013 6:56 PM
    Thursday, December 5, 2013 6:56 PM

All replies

• I think I discovered a web resource that will guide me through this.

Please disregard. Thank you!

• Marked as answer by john_oberweis Thursday, December 5, 2013 6:56 PM
    Thursday, December 5, 2013 6:56 PM
  • Hi,

for something like this, you could use the Bulk Record Deletion in CRM 2011. You will find it under settings -> Data management -> Bulk Record Deletion. There you can create an Advanced Find, which will show you the contacts you want to delete.

Karan

Friday, December 6, 2013 1:08 PM
  • Yes, that's what I found, Karan. Should not have posted at all, in retrospect, but I was having trouble finding it from my initial search criteria. My 'Search Fu' is weak. :)

Done now, though!

Friday, December 6, 2013 8:42 PM