CRM 2013 - Hide Business Process flow when no active flows. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Folks,

We're in the middle of upgrade to CRM 2013 and are not planning to leverage the Business Process Flow on the CASE or Opportunity Entity in the first phase of the upgrade. So I've deactivated the existing OOTB flows, however the UI for the Process flow still appears.

Is there a way to Hide that some how since it's not part of the Form Customizations?

Thanks for reading the post!

Cheers

tmercer.

Wednesday, April 16, 2014 8:58 PM

Answers

• Check this http://community.dynamics.com/crm/f/117/t/116039.aspx

If you are using the "Migration" approach to upgrade to CRM 2013 then deactivating the process flows before data is migrated should work.

If my response helps you in finding your answer then please click 'Mark as Answer' and 'Vote as Helpful'

• Marked as answer by tmercer Thursday, April 17, 2014 1:19 AM
    Wednesday, April 16, 2014 11:21 PM
  • Once the processes are deactivated, new records will not have the process flow enabled, however for your existing records you will need to manually remove the references.

To do this you can open an advanced find, and add the 'Process' and 'Process Stage' columns to the view. Then export all records and tick the box to allow re-importing. Open the file in Excel, and delete all the data from those 2 columns. Then reimport the XML file and the processes will be unlinked from your records.

Hope that helps

Paul

If my response helped you find your answer please show your thanks by taking the time to "Mark As Answer" and "Vote As Helpful".

Twitter LinkedIn Facebook Blog Magnetism

Wednesday, April 16, 2014 11:48 PM

All replies

• Check this http://community.dynamics.com/crm/f/117/t/116039.aspx

If you are using the "Migration" approach to upgrade to CRM 2013 then deactivating the process flows before data is migrated should work.

If my response helps you in finding your answer then please click 'Mark as Answer' and 'Vote as Helpful'

Wednesday, April 16, 2014 11:21 PM
  • Once the processes are deactivated, new records will not have the process flow enabled, however for your existing records you will need to manually remove the references.

To do this you can open an advanced find, and add the 'Process' and 'Process Stage' columns to the view. Then export all records and tick the box to allow re-importing. Open the file in Excel, and delete all the data from those 2 columns. Then reimport the XML file and the processes will be unlinked from your records.

Hope that helps

Paul

If my response helped you find your answer please show your thanks by taking the time to "Mark As Answer" and "Vote As Helpful".

Twitter LinkedIn Facebook Blog Magnetism

Wednesday, April 16, 2014 11:48 PM
  • Hey Guys,

THanks fo the quick replies. I hit post too soon as I went back to the customizations I had gotten the same result as you suggested.  All good, thanks for the Advanced Find tip too.

Cheers

tmercer.

Thursday, April 17, 2014 1:20 AM