Any idea what's wrong with this 301 redirect? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I own TLD for www.jobsity.com and www.jobsity.net. I'm trying to get my .net URL to redirect to .com. I have the following code which works but when it redirect ist's sending over a paramter in the URL.
    www.jobsity.net/clients redirects to www.jobsity.com/index.php?q=clients

I want it to redirect to www.jobsity.com/clients.

I have the following redirect done in .htaccess file

Options +Indexes +FollowSymlinks
    RewriteEngine on
    RewriteBase /

### re-direct any parked domain to www of main domain
    RewriteCond %{http_host} !^www.jobsity.net$ [nc]
    RewriteRule ^(.*)$ http://www.jobsity.com/$1 [r=301,nc,L]

Thanks!
    Tuesday, August 26, 2008 7:14 PM

Answers

• Hmm. Looks like it is redirecting correctly now.

Tuesday, October 14, 2008 2:39 PM

All replies

• Jeremiah and I will take a look at it and get back to you in a day or two. That being said, it looks good to me. I'm assuming you had content on the .net version which is why you are trying to redirect to the same folder on the .com instead of just redirect to the homepage. Are you or were you using PHP in either site? Did you have a redirect to shorten URLs in place on either site?

Monday, September 15, 2008 9:36 PM
  • Thanks for taking a look at this Brett. There is actually just one folder for both TLD. What happened is that I first bought the .NET domain because the .COM was not available. MSNBot had indexed my .NET pages but the I decided to purchase the .COM from the owner and now would like to brand my website as .COM and not .NET. I created the 301 redirect for search engines to follow and index/replace the .NET with .COM URLs. I am using PHP for my website. What most worries me is that the 301 redirect is done correctly and that MSNBot will understand and follow it. Thanks!

Tuesday, September 16, 2008 1:29 PM
  • Hmm. Looks like it is redirecting correctly now.

Tuesday, October 14, 2008 2:39 PM