WHS 2011 Install Disc does not boot? RRS feed

• Question

• I'm not sure what the problem is but I purchased the OEM WHS2011 DVD to install on my Vail Beta server. The problem is, is that is says "CAN NOT FIND BOOTMGR" when I go to boot from the DVD? And, there is no SETUP on the DVD?

I don't recall having this issue with the ISO's from the beta. Or am I missing something here?

Thanks in advance for any assistance...

Tuesday, September 6, 2011 1:17 AM

Answers

• Have tried to boot the DVD in a different machine. If it boots the DVD is OK and server DVD drive is suspect. If it doesn't boot in the other machine with a different maybe a bad DVD press! and time to get it exchanged from where you bought it.

Dave

The Frog on the Lilypad at Home
    • Proposed as answer by Ken Warren Tuesday, September 6, 2011 12:54 PM
    • Marked as answer by rdmsys Tuesday, September 6, 2011 1:15 PM
    Tuesday, September 6, 2011 3:04 AM

All replies

• Have tried to boot the DVD in a different machine. If it boots the DVD is OK and server DVD drive is suspect. If it doesn't boot in the other machine with a different maybe a bad DVD press! and time to get it exchanged from where you bought it.

Dave

The Frog on the Lilypad at Home
    • Proposed as answer by Ken Warren Tuesday, September 6, 2011 12:54 PM
    • Marked as answer by rdmsys Tuesday, September 6, 2011 1:15 PM
    Tuesday, September 6, 2011 3:04 AM
  • Thanks Dave, I suspect it is the DVD at this point....
    Tuesday, September 6, 2011 1:16 PM
  • What is your motherboard? Certain older MSI and possibly other boards have difficulty booting from DVD's authored a certain way.

I'm running WHS 2011 on an early 64-bit board, a MSI K8T Neo-FIS2R (MS-6702), which would not boot WHS 2011 DVD unless I patched it following these instructions.

http://www.unawave.de/windows-7-tipps/code5-error.html?lang=EN

I was about ready to buy a new rig, but finally found a solution for me.

Tuesday, September 6, 2011 9:01 PM