Bug: upgrade vista with windows 7 boot screen not changed ! RRS feed

• Question

• I update my vista ultimate 32bit with windows 32bit ultimate btu with surprise the boot screen not changed !
    I read alot of post ragarding this arguments...like these solution

....The invalid and wrong boot screen for Windows 7 is due to missing locale entry in boot record, which failed to be set when editing or rebuilding the BCD. When locale is not found, Windows boot loader does not know which boot locale folder to look for the animated bootscreen. Thus, in order to fix the boot screen so that the boot screen can be reverted, restored or reseted back to original animated Windows 7 boot screen, just run one of the following commands in elevated command prompt with administrator rights ....

bcdedit /set {current} locale en-US

or

bcdboot %WinDir% /l en-US

Change the en-US to the language version of the installed Windows 7, such as ja-JP, de-DE, es-ES, pt-BR, zh-CN, zh-TW, fr-FR, fi-FI and etc...."

but for me and many others users this solution not change situation...

Please more informations regarding this strange BUG

Thank

hispanico
    • Moved by Kira Qian Thursday, November 5, 2009 9:49 AM (From:Windows Forms General)
    Sunday, November 1, 2009 10:34 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hello, 

Thank you for your post!  I would suggest creating a new thread for your question in the (Windows Client TechCenter > Windows 7 Forums > Windows 7 Installation, Setup, and Deployment) forum located here:  (http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7itproinstall/threads).

Hope that would be helpful.

Have a great day!

Thanks & regards,

Ashawani Tier 2 Application Support Server and Tools Online Engineering Live Services Team
    • Proposed as answer by ashawani_dubey Friday, November 6, 2009 8:53 AM
    • Marked as answer by ashawani_dubey Thursday, December 10, 2009 9:03 AM
    Friday, November 6, 2009 8:53 AM
  • go intothe c/widows folder and look for a file called logo.sys
    once ya find it remember where its at and grab the CD you used to install tiehn palce that CD inthe drive and search for the same file, it hsould be a different date stamp onit and then just copy and paste it to the folder where the original vista fiel is and then close it and reboot after removing the installer CD.
    it shoulthen reboot witht e correct boot screen
    d
    we can all laearn together to be better than we are
    Saturday, November 7, 2009 10:16 AM