Deploying Custom ASP.NET application for Offline mode? RRS feed

• Question

• I've found suggestions that this is possible (i.e. you can deploy a custom ASP.NET application to cassini on the CRM offline client machine) but haven't found many details.  Can anyone point me towards any documentation or other information on getting started with this?
    Tuesday, February 3, 2009 2:21 AM

Answers

• Well, after a fair bit of fiddling I got this working by following some of the suggestions in this thread:

http://209.85.173.132/search?q=cache:V-TRv0OsovEJ:forums.microsoft.com/Dynamics/ShowPost.aspx%3FPostID%3D4323179%26SiteID%3D27+cassini+%22It+is+an+error+to+use+a+section+registered+as+allowDefinition%22&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=3&gl=nz&client=firefox-a

The most important bits being removing the <authentication> element and moving the dlls to C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics CRM\Client\res\web\bin
    • Marked as answer by Simon-N Thursday, February 5, 2009 2:55 AM
    Thursday, February 5, 2009 2:55 AM

All replies

• Anything at all would be appreciated here. 

I'm still trying to find out how this works and not having much luck.  At the moment I've got my asp.net application sitting in the ISV folder of the client machine (C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics CRM\Client\res\web\ISV) but when trying to browse to this on localhost:2525 I get the following error:

"It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level.  This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an application in IIS."

but it's running through cassini not IIS...

Thursday, February 5, 2009 12:52 AM
  • Well, after a fair bit of fiddling I got this working by following some of the suggestions in this thread:

http://209.85.173.132/search?q=cache:V-TRv0OsovEJ:forums.microsoft.com/Dynamics/ShowPost.aspx%3FPostID%3D4323179%26SiteID%3D27+cassini+%22It+is+an+error+to+use+a+section+registered+as+allowDefinition%22&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=3&gl=nz&client=firefox-a

The most important bits being removing the <authentication> element and moving the dlls to C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics CRM\Client\res\web\bin
    • Marked as answer by Simon-N Thursday, February 5, 2009 2:55 AM
    Thursday, February 5, 2009 2:55 AM