none
What do I do if a question that I asked disappears? RRS feed

• Question

• On Mar 17th I posted a question on the Windows 7 User Interface forum. There were a few replies, which were really just related to better describing the problem.

The thread is now gone. Does anyone know why a thread would just disappear? is there some way that this can be restored?

I can see links to my posts to the thread in my "Recent Activity" page on my account, but they all  just lead now to a 404 page. If I search for various keywords in the thread the search funcation doesn't find anything.

Here is the bookmark that I saved in order to return to my question

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7itproui/thread/9f9c2d1e-6b60-490e-863f-91d106e9178c

Sunday, March 21, 2010 2:32 PM

Answers

• Hi Dkuehner

That thread was merged with another, existing thread about the same subject. It looks like you had already been participating in the original thread and it's not clear why you would start a new thread on that same subject?

If you ever lose track of a thread/post, you can go to the top/right of any page and click on the My Threads link just below your User Name to find the missing thread/post. Your thread was merged with the following thread that you will see in that location.

Horizontal Span (Windows 7)

Thanks for understanding.

Ronnie Vernon MVP
    Monday, March 22, 2010 8:54 AM

All replies

• Hi Dkuehner

That thread was merged with another, existing thread about the same subject. It looks like you had already been participating in the original thread and it's not clear why you would start a new thread on that same subject?

If you ever lose track of a thread/post, you can go to the top/right of any page and click on the My Threads link just below your User Name to find the missing thread/post. Your thread was merged with the following thread that you will see in that location.

Horizontal Span (Windows 7)

Thanks for understanding.

Ronnie Vernon MVP
    Monday, March 22, 2010 8:54 AM
  • Thanks for the info on how to find the post. I was looking under the Recent Activity and the redirected post doesn't show there.

However, I guess I am a little upset that the post was moved at all. While the post does refer to the same issue as the other post, that other thread is marked as answered and there is nothing in it that I can see as an answer to the actual question.

Monday, March 22, 2010 3:37 PM
  • Thanks for the info on how to find the post. I was looking under the Recent Activity and the redirected post doesn't show there.

However, I guess I am a little upset that the post was moved at all. While the post does refer to the same issue as the other post, that other thread is marked as answered and there is nothing in it that I can see as an answer to the actual question.

Hi

Glad this helped.

We try to keep the conversations on a specific subject in the same thread to prevent the discussion from becoming too fragmented. This has some benefit because it is easier for everyone to find the information and nobody misses any important, updated information about the subject.

Regards,

Ronnie Vernon MVP
    Monday, March 22, 2010 8:02 PM