Unable to open contact from tracked email record in CRM 2011 client for Outlook 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

When i track an email record for one of my contacts using the CRM 2011 Outlook 2010 client i want to be able to open the contact's record from within Outlook by clicking on the contact's name link in the footer of the email. Instead of opening the record it opens a Dynamics log in box prompting me to enter my credentials again although im already logged into Dynamics via the Outlook CRM Client. See the pictures below? What could be the issue here?

Thanks Dave

David Kelly

Monday, September 29, 2014 9:07 AM

All replies

• It could be as simple as your password is expired, please try to restart your machine and see if you are able to login to the machine? Are you onpremise or online?

Regards,

Jithesh

Monday, September 29, 2014 2:01 PM
  • Hi Jithesh,

Unfortunately doesn't appear to be as other users are experiencing the same issue as me. When the go to click on the contact's name this log in box appears in the background on Windows even though they're already logged into the CRM for Outlook Client and can display contact records without issue.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Dave

David Kelly

Monday, September 29, 2014 2:37 PM