need help from someone RRS feed

• Question

•  

i have bought my computer off of someone and it has windows xp pro its telling me to put the product key in to it.but it won't take it it says

This copy of Windows did not pass genuine validation.

The product key found on this computer is a Volume License Key (VLK) that has been blocked

and i can't find out from the one i got it off of what it is what can i do.i bought this computer i should not have to buy the key for it too. and sometimes it says  

A network error or timeout has occurred while processing your request. Please try again later

help me i live on a fixed income and i bought this and i need a key to fix it.i don't need to be punished for buying it and helping someone out.thank you please respond soon
    Tuesday, March 4, 2008 2:22 AM

Answers

•  "Blocked VLK" is a Volume License Key that is valid, but was licensed solely to a corporation or larger enterprise/business. Blocked VLK's are Product Keys that Microsoft has received consent from the original owner to block usage of. A VL Product Key is non-transferrable to individuals. In order to resolve your non-genuine licensing issue, please visit: www.microsoft.com/genuine and click on "Validate Windows". When validation fails, you'll see a button to click on (Get Genuine) which will provide information on your options which include how to acquire a WGA Kit.

• Marked as answer by JeniferA Thursday, September 11, 2008 9:25 PM
    Tuesday, March 4, 2008 3:42 AM