CRM data update. export - import. (Regarding duplicates) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am very much new to CRM. In our organization we are trying to edit some fields in the LEADS form. So I am exporting the required data using export and checking on "make it to available for re-import" option and making the necessary changes in Excel.

My doubt is that while I am re-importing the file and check mark allow duplicates to 'NO' sometimes CRM doesn't update all the records stating that "Record cannot be created or updated since duplicates are present in the system".

But when check mark allow duplicates to 'YES' all the files are updated in the system. But I want to be sure that the system doesn't create duplicate records instead of updating the existing one.

Does anyone have a clear idea what happens in this situation and let me know the best practice to be followed. That could be great. Is it fine to allow duplicates while re-importing date after exporting them with the option "make the data available for re-import".

Thanks in advance.

Thursday, June 5, 2014 9:01 PM

All replies

• You need to look at the duplicate detection rules you have set up in CRM for Leads. Define what a duplicate is there and then run your import.

Jerry CRM Innovation - Need a solution for CRM to help you manage Events or Email Marketing? Follow me on Twitter

Thursday, June 5, 2014 9:32 PM
  • Thank for your reply! I have checked the duplicate detection rules before. It is set to detect duplicates with exact email ID's including the inactive records.

Can you please clarify me if it Is ok to aloe duplicates while re-importing data after exporting them with the option "make the data available for re-import"??

Thank you!

Friday, June 6, 2014 8:34 PM