Data migration from one online instance to another RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hello Devs,

    Help please.

    I was just trying to migrate CRM data from one instance to another. Both instances are online.

    I exported the accounts data with all columns in a dynamic worksheet from the source instance and submitted to import it on a target instance. The import failed with following error:

    The record could not be updated because the original record no longer exists in Microsoft Dynamics CRM

    I realized that might be due to the source's lookup fields' data that might not be present in the target system. So I again tried export/import just with Account Name and Main Phone columns. This time CRM didn't processed any records in the sheet at all and completed the import job successfully without stating any error reasons.

    I tried exporting records from source to a static, dynamic and online sheets all but the result is same.

    My Imports

    blog: http://technologynotesforyou.wordpress.com

    • Edited by Khadim Ali Thursday, October 13, 2016 2:39 PM
    Thursday, October 13, 2016 2:23 PM

All replies

  • Hi Khadim,
    Check if field names are matching and you have permission for creating records (security) and check for entity relationships if the records you are trying to import have any dependent another entity reference which may not be present. Also check for duplicate detection rules if you have on the entity which you are trying to import for.


    Inogic | Blog | news@inogic.com

    If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

    Friday, October 14, 2016 12:26 PM
  • Hi Sam,

    I've just tried with OOB fields, i.e. account name and main phone, with a system administrator role. But, the thing is, it doesn't even processed any of the records you can see in the snapshot above (see the area marked as blue). Had this been an issue of duplicate detection or dependent entity reference it had shown processed records with errors.

    blog: http://technologynotesforyou.wordpress.com

    Friday, October 14, 2016 12:47 PM
  • Hi Khadim,

    The Dynamic Worksheet might have the hidden columns with the GUIDs of the record. Please delete and try to import. It should work.

    If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

    Thanks: Kishore

    Saturday, October 15, 2016 5:29 AM